5/04/2008

Iron Man Mk III

You did go see Iron Man when I told you, right? You are not allowed to read the rest of this unless you have seen Iron Man. Git, dang it!

This figure is the one I was looking forward to the most from the new Iron Man movie line. It actually took me a while to find a gold variant. Target was the only store that had Iron Man figures for a while, and then it was only the Target-Exclusive Silver Centurion variant, which is nice, but isn't Iron Man. At least to me.

Ironman MkIII 1

My only real gripe is that the armor on the back of the wrist prevents the wrist from being angled fully up, so this is the closest to a "repulsor blast" you can get.

Ironman MkIII 2

It looks like the figure is molded in a metallic plastic (possibly silver) and has a clear read coat painted over it. Every figure I've seen so far has little red smudges on the gold areas. If you're considering getting one make sure you look it over before buying it. I love this profile:

Ironman MkIII Profile

Past and Present:

Ironman both

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know looking at those pictures i'm going to seriously have to get me some red and gold Iron Man goodies...

Of course, a decent (and cheap) ML War Machine must also be found...

Heavyarms said...

Don't know if you guys will get this stuff over in the UK. Be glad to pick one up for you on my next store run if you want. Cost plus shipping only.

Was there a Marvel Legends War Machine? Don't know if this will work, but have you seen the Wal-Mart Exclusive *ahem* Stealth Operations Suit Iron Man?

Anonymous said...

I'm making a figure run at the weekend to a few TRU's so if i don't have any luck i'll let you know...

There was indeed a ML War Machine (he was part of the Galactus B.A.F series) but the problem is that he was quite rare and goes for between £30 to £50 on ebay so the Walmart S.O.S Iron Man would be a cheaper option...